Monday 13 April 2009

Fried Carrot Cake & Rojak



I was really productive in the kitchen last week. I baked brownie, chilli paste, carrot cake. (oh shit, don't remember what else I did without photos)

I had sudden craving for fried carrot cake therefore suggested to CL to make some ourselves for dinner. Opps, I forgot to take some photos of the final product of steam carrot cake before cutting them up for frying. I was too busy making chilli paste and calling mummy to double check the ingredients required.

White version of Fried Carrot Cake
Black version of Fried Carrot Cake (not very black but nice)

CL helped me to fry both version of the carrot cake and he did a good job! The carrot cake was soft, all of flavour plus homemade chilli paste. It taste better than served at cafe/restaurant.

We also added a few more ingredients to our Rojak. Added turnip, bean sprouts, tau pok (bean curd skin) and also the usual cucumber, pineapple and You Tiao. It was a huge bowl of Rojak when I mixed everything up. CL says " this is somthing which 1 + 1 not = 2"

The next day, we had leftover carrot cake for breakky.

1 comment:

Wondering Wanderer said...

yum yum yum.......
your blog always give me a good appetite for dinner... heeheehee so whats cooking/baking this weekend?