Thursday 31 December 2009

Roast Pork with Crackling



Last dinner for 2009, we had Roast Pork with Crackling. As I mentioned in the previous post, it was my 1st time making this dish.

I reckon it turn out pretty good for 1st timer. The meat was a bit dry, crackling a bit too saltish. But the crackling was a huge success!!! It's super crunchy!!!! CL even asked for more after finishing everything.

In fact I'm pretty amazed by the taste because I didn't marinate the meat before popping into the oven. Only a layer of fennel + salt on the skin and a bottle of white wine after an hour in the oven. The taste was pretty unique, none of the "pork" smell or taste which I'm terrific off. I'm someone who doesn't order pork if I have other choice except for BBQ pork or Sweet and Sour Pork. If there's slices of pork in my noodle, I will either not eat it or pass it to CL. But if it's homecook pork dish, I have no problem with it. Strange? I admit.

Therefore I was a bit scared when it was cooking in the oven. Lucky it turn out way better than expected.

No comments: