Sunday 11 January 2009

Korean BBQ

We met up with Stan and Elsie(S&E) for dinner after X'mas for dinner. They bought us to a Korean Restaurant(no idea what it is call) along Victoria Street, opposite Victoria Market. Luck Elsie called before hand and booked a table coz the place has endless crowd. Noticed that the staffs and patrons are mostly Korean which is a good sign. Plus S&E's recommendation never fail to satisfy us.

We ordered a BBQ set meal which is enough to feed 6-8 people but there's only 5 of us! So you can imagine what our tummy look like after the meal. I didn't have my camera that day. All these photos are taken by Elsie :)


Different types of kimchi which are available to top up after finish. It taste different from those available from the Oriental supermarket. This taste so much fresher and nicer.

Seafood pancake. I will have to try making this some day. Always thought I have to dice the spring onion but this prove me wrong.

Starting to BBQ.
Note: This is a very traditional style of BBQ. It uses charcoal which mummy uses to boil soup back in Singapore. I never seem it available at the shops here so I was really surprised when I saw them using it.
The service was really good. The wire mesh used during cooking was changed very frequently so that we won't be eating any burned food.

More beef. There are a few more dishes that comes with the set menu but we were too busy eating. It also came with a seafood hot pot, braised pork belly and spicy octopus.

This is a place which we will definitly go when we have craving for Korean food. Yum-Yum.

No comments: